Sonntag, 21. Juni 2015

Granny Square Bowl

Last year a pretty awesome tutorial went viral -
of course I've added it to my virtual to-crochet-list
- my Dada Neon Crochet timeline on Facebook!

I absolutely fell in love with this stunning
With her kind permission I can show you a photo of her work here: 

by Marrose - Colourful Crochet & Crafts (http://marrose-ccc.com/tutorials-2/yarn-ends-bowl/)

As you know I'm always working on too many projects
& so it took quite a while
until this wonderful piece of scrap yarn art
came into my mind again!

While making the paste for the project
(Just with water, flour & sugar!)
I was thinking:
Why not trying it with granny squares...
That's the result & I'm pretty pleased!


Sooo...and this is what I did:

First of all:
Making the paste!
Marianne of Marrose - Colorful Crochet & Crafts
has used this recipe of Carolyn's Homework (Click!)
& so I followed the instructions...


Then I've covered a salad bowl with plastic wrap...


I've soaked the pieces with the paste
& and then I covered the bowl with Granny Squares...
(The 3 Squares are made with the pattern
Circle In a Square Granny by Zooty Owl
the middle square was a leftover of a project,
I can't remember the pattern name
but every circle pattern should perfectly work)


Sooo much paste left!
So I soaked another single Granny Square with the paste...


...and arranged it on another
plastic wrapped bowl...


It took 4-5 days to dry
so you have to be patient!
(We didn't have much sunshine,
if you have some sunny days
let them dry in the sun!)

...so pretty!!!




...also nice as a helmet, haha!


If you make YOUR version
please post it to Dada Neon Crochet!
And if you are inspired to make
Marianne's awesome Yarn Ends Bowl
show her your work on Marrose - Colorful Crochet & Crafts!
I will definitely need one, too! ;-)

Stay awesome! (And creative!)

Dada

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen